1998 Announcements

December 21, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: 77's hats are in!

well after much waiting, the brand new 77's hats are finally available! we have plenty in stock for late Christmas presents. ;-) to see what they look like just go to the 77's on-line store. the hats are black, not dark grey as the picture may suggest - i'll put up a better picture soon. it's unlikely we could get any to you by Christmas Day even if you do a rush order, but you can definitely get them by early next week if you order soon. http://www.77s.com/store/

we hope you enjoyed the 77's Christmas Surprise. i'll leave it up for a while longer. http://www.77s.com/

for those of you that sent in a Christmas gift to the 77's, they were extremely surprised and very grateful. Mike basically said "Words can't express how deeply thankful I am." he wanted me to assure everyone that all of this money will be used specifically for getting a new project into your hands as soon as they can. (also - thanks to JT for organizing this surprise!)

steve

December 15, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: Q and A with the 77's

is there some nagging question that you've been wanting to find out from the 77's? right now is your chance to get that question or questions answered! we're now taking submissions from the fans for Mike, Mark and Bruce to look through and answer. send any questions you have to "questions@77s.com".

feel free to ask the typical questions like "when's the next album coming out?", but we'd also like to see some more interesting ones like "what exactly does Stella mean?" or "what's the greatest concert experience you've had on stage?" or "Mark - what's your favorite rock-a-billy album?"

also - i said i'd let everyone know when the Large 77's Logo shirts were available and we have them in stock now! we have Large and Extra-large in both the black and white styles. if you need to order a combination of colors/styles of that shirt in a single order, then just make sure the quantity is correct (so the pricing will be calculated correctly) and make note of exactly what you need in the "shipping comments" section of the ordering process. thanks and sorry for any confusion! http://www.77s.com/store/

steve

December 3, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: It's Christmastime already!

Merry Christmas everyone! well, maybe i'm a little early, but that's because i want to encourage everyone that's going to give the gift of music to put in their 77's orders as soon as you can! that's especially important for anyone that still doesn't trust Internet shopping and needs to mail in a check or money order. if i receive your order after 12/18 then you probably won't get it back in time for Christmas morning...

SPECIAL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: Mike has just authorized me to make a special offer for any on-line orders made between today and 12/18/98 that have a merchandise total over $40 - you will get a whopping 15% off your merchandise total!!! this offer is only good for a few more weeks so plan ahead to make sure you get your cds/shirts before Christmas day! this only applies to orders made on-line (with a credit card) that have a merchandise total over $40 and the 15% off will only apply to merchandise, not shipping/handling or extra rush order fees. to start shopping now, point your web browser at: http://www.77s.com/store/.

now for the bad news - "More Miserable" and "Sticks and Stones" have gone out of print. the band may try to put them back in print, but it definitely won't happen until next year or later (unless we stumble across any that we don't know about). i do have 4 copies of Sticks & Stones left that i will sell to whoever has the best sob story about why they need them for either their 77's collection or as a gift to a budding 77's fan. send your story directly to me. you must use a credit card to purchase these ($7.99 plus shipping) because i don't have time to track down whether you've mailed in a check yet. (don't send your credit card number with your story - we'll work out payment options after you've been selected.) we're also dangerously low on "More Miserable t-shirts" so if you haven't picked one up yet you better hurry.

NEW PRODUCTS! if you haven't noticed we now have several new items in the 77's store since the last time i announced any changes. most importantly we have the new 77's shirts in stock! they're available in black or white, but i only have XL stocked currently. i'll send out a reminder announcement when i have size L available. you'll also see that we now have the long-awaited "tom tom Blues" and "The Boat Ashore" in stock on-line for the first time. lastly, we also have several new "related artist" cds in stock: Shadrach's first album and Perry and the Poor Boys first two albums. the website has full descriptions of these albums including track lists and lyrics. NOTE: this first batch of white 77's logo shirts has a silver logo on the back. all future printings will have a black logo instead. so if you collect rare 77's items, get these special white t-shirts now before i run out!

i know this is a lot of info, but i want to make sure everyone is aware of all the new items we have in the 77's on-line store. feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

steve

p.s. for an extra special gift i have a couple of rare Flevo cds for auction. contact me directly if you want to bid on one. you can read about the Flevo compilation here: http://www.77s.com/music/singles/flevo_vol1.html. i might also have one copy of the original orange issue of "88" available - contact me for info.

October 28, 1998

From: JT <jt@77s.com>
Subject: November tour dates

Mike Roe and the 77's will be playing a number of shows in November. Hopefully, you'll be able to make one or more of the following:

11/7/98: Laramie, WY. The 77's will be playing the University of Wyoming. For information contact Eric Anderson at (307) 742-0529 or Steve Johnson;

11/13/98: Tempe, AZ. The 77's will be playing a show at The Mill Avenue Sport Rock Cafe. For information contact Greg Johnson at (602) 841-5677;

11/14/98: Mesa, AZ. Mike Roe will be playing a solo show at the Power House. For information contact Greg Johnson at (602) 841-5677 or call (602) 841-0658;

11/19/98: Charlotte, NC. Mike Roe will be playing a solo show at Forest Hills Church. For information contact David Elkins at (704) 568-6384 or Chris Osborn at (704) 350-7473;

11/20/98: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX. Mike Roe will be playing a solo show at the Door. For information contact Russell Hobbs at (214) 742-3667;

11/21/98: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX. The 77's will be playing a show at the Door. For information contact Russell Hobbs at (214) 742-3667;

11/22/98: Brunswick (Macon), GA. Mike Roe will be playing a solo show at Vineyard Christian Fellowship. For information contact Tommy Sellers at (912) 280-9782; and

11/28/98: Dominican Republic. The 77's will be playing an outdoor/festival show in the DR. For information contact Jethro Guiertez at (809) 567-4653 or (809) 566-1477 or you can fax him at (809) 686-5044.

Additional information on each show is found on the concerts page of http://www.77s.com/.

As always, if you are interested in booking either Mike Roe or the 77's, please feel free to call me at (812) 886-4637.

-JT-

October 12, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: Brian Heydn's artwork

a few weeks ago i received a package in the mail of an incredible rendition of the 77's that i now have hanging in my office. i can barely express how cool it is to have something this well done to look at throughout the day. as a favor to Brian and now to some of you, i've helped him set up a page so that you can look at some of the different drawings he's done over the past few years to express his gratitude to the 77's and those of us that help run the 77's "business". below is a short blurb describing his services. if you don't recognize Brian's name, he's the same person that has designed several items for the 77's lately including the upcoming 77's tour t-shirt. note - make sure you check the pricing guidelines before sending any photographs...

steve

Graphite Pencil Drawings (black & white) done in the style of photo realism. Send your favorite photographs of family, friends - basically pretty much anything (with good taste, of course) and a drawing will be composed. All photos need to be copyright free, unless permission is given to use copyrighted photographs (proof of such will need to be submitted). These drawings can turn your average photos into classic works of art. For more information, click here. Here you will find examples of these types of drawings, along with a Composition Example and a Pricing Guide for all drawings. If you are interested in having a graphite pencil drawing done, contact me at brian@77s.com or write me at:

Artist * Brian Heydn
7000 N. Buckingham Sq. #300C
Columbia, MO 65202-6006

These type of drawings make great gifts and keepsakes for years to come - just ask Steve, JT and Don.

September 25, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: new items in 77's store

howdy 77's fans here there and everywhere...

well, as promised, the 77's store did get in a new shipment of Word cds, including Sticks and Stones, Pray Naked, and (for the first time) Drowning With Land In Sight. now we'll start looking into getting items like The Boat Ashore and tom tom Blues in the store so that you can purchase almost the entire collection on-line (that are in print). http://www.77s.com/store/

you also might notice that we have another new item in the store: Michael Miller's "Lifeboat Into Mighty" CD. i put up a page describing this new album, but the important thing to note is that Mike Roe plays bass guitar and Bruce Spencer plays drums. i'm sure that all of the die-hard fans reading this will want to pick it up to add to their collection of 77's related material, and others may just want to hear Mike and Bruce in a little different setting. Michael Miller's e-mail address is on the description page: http://www.77s.com/music/mike_roe/michaelmiller_lifeboat.html.

for those that haven't asked yet, yes we did sell the last of the Boot Level cds (technically it was the second printing of Boot Level 2) and there are no plans on reprinting it at this time. i'll be sure to let you know of any other developments.

also, many of you were praying for Mike over the past week as he was waiting to hear about his Word record contract and as JT pointed out yesterday, God answered above and beyond all expectations. thanks for your prayers! (i can't wait until the first album comes out!!!)

and lastly, JT also updated the concerts page yesterday with several new concerts so if you're lucky enough to live near Phoenix, Charlotte SC, Dallas/Ft. Worth, or in the Dominican Republic or Germany then you should definitely check the page for updates/new concerts. http://www.77s.com/concerts/ (JT has some other shows in the works in other cities, so you may want to keep an eye on that page anyway...)

steve

September 24, 1998

From: JT <jt@77s.com>
Subject: Yuppy Hot Tub Music!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

We are very pleased to announce that Michael Roe has just inked a four (4) album contract with WORD Entertainment and Unison Records. Roe has negotiated a four (4) album contract with Word's new Unison division which specializes in those "Ambient/New Age/Yuppy Hot Tub Music" sections you may see in major department stores. All four (4) albums are to be written, recorded, produced and prepared by Michael Roe. Release dates are unknown at this time.

For the projects, Mike may be collaborating with not only Mark and Bruce (of the 77's), but also Dave Leonhardt, Derri Daugherty & Gene Eugene: a veritable cornucopia of 77's members, alumni and associates. According to Roe, "[i]f i'm not collaborating, what's the point?" As fans are aware, Roe enjoys working with his many friends on various projects.

Additionally, Phil Keaggy has recently released "Music To Paint By" on Unison; as such there will be some "heavies" Mike can consider "label mates". Further details will be released as they become available.

For more information on Michael Roe and the 77's, please visit http://www.77s.com/. For booking information, please contact JT Feavel at (812) 886-4637, or by fax at (812) 886-0786.

-JT-

September 3, 1998

From: Steve Johnson
Subject: New items at 77's store!

i'm pleased to announce that the 77's store has just been expanded to include the following items:
  • Pray Naked
  • Sticks & Stones (special price!)
  • Boot Level
  • More Miserable T-shirt
come and get them before we run out! http://www.77s.com/store/

i also wanted to announce that i just finished putting up song samples from every single song on The Box Set. you can link to them from the Store or from the Multimedia Sounds page.

steve

September 3, 1998

From: JT <jt@77s.com>
Subject: How much would you pay for...

About a year ago, our friend Brook (he's a guy) Sizemore informed our list that he would pay good money for just about anything related to Mike Roe and/or the 77's. Brook then let us know that he'd even buy post-it note pads if they were hand-numbered and autographed by Mike. ;-)

Now, I'm not picking on Brook...I'm just using that as a lead to ask you this question:

HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE WORTH?

*The* 77's set list from the "Pray Naked" tour, hand-written on a frisbee which the guys tossed on the tour (while not using it for the set list). ;-)

*The* boots Mike wore on just about every album (including the cover of "88" and the back of "Pray Naked").

*Original* audio masters of various 77's and Mike Roe recording projects (in studio and between takes).

*Original* hand-written song lyrics.

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO BID ON THESE AND MANY OTHER ITEMS?

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN HELPING MIKE, MARK AND BRUCE RAISE FUNDS TO ASSIST WITH THE PRODUCTION OF THE NEW ALBUM, THE "IT'S FOR YOU" RECORDING AND VARIOUS OTHER PROJECTS?

WHY?

Just curious... :-)

-JT-

September 1, 1998